Toyota believes that no matter the destination, everyone deserves to arrive safely. That's why Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) is standard on virtually all Toyota models. TSS is an advanced suite of active safety designed to support driver awareness, decision-making, and vehicle operation over a wide range of speeds.
Crash protection starts with crash prevention. Packaged together in an integrated system, TSS helps address three key areas of accident protection: preventing or mitigating frontal collisions, keeping drivers within their lane, and enhancing road safety during night-time driving.
Safety Comes In Many Packages
- Pre-Collision system
- Lane Departure Alert
- Automatic High Beam
- All TSS-C Features
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- All TSS-P Features
- Up to 6 Active Safety & Driver Assistance Systems
- All Features
- Enhanced Pre-Collision & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control Systems
- Enhanced Lane Tracing Assist
- TSS-C - Provides collision avoidance or collision mitigation support in speed ranges where frontal collisions are likely to occur
- TSS-P - Enhanced to also help detect pedestrians
- TSS 2.0 - Enhanced to detect bicyclists in the daytime and vehicles or pedestrians in low-light situations
- TSS 2.5+ - Enhanced to warn you of oncoming pedestrians or vehicles and can provide emergency braking
Lane Departure Alert
- TSS-C - Alerts you if you start to drift out of your lane when visible lane markings are detected
- TSS-P - Enhanced to include Steering Assist
- TSS 2.0 - Enhanced to detect road edges or curbs at certain speeds
Automatic High Beam
- TSS-C, TSS-P, TSS 2.0, TSS 2.5+ - Designed to detect oncoming and preceding vehicles’ lights, and depending upon the circumstances, Automatic High Beam (AHB) can switch between high and low beams for you
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- TSS-P - Automatically adjusts vehicle speed to help maintain a preset following distance between you and the vehicle directly in front of you
- TSS 2.0 - Enhanced to perform vehicle-to-vehicle distance control
- TSS 2.5+ - Enhanced with Curve Speed Management function to determine speed when approaching a curve
Lane Tracing Assist
- TSS 2.0 - Keeps the vehicle centered through visibly marked lanes
- TSS 2.5+ - Enhanced to detect road markings that are not entirely visible
To learn which Toyota Safety Sense features are available with your vehicle, please contact any OpenRoad Toyota store.
To learn which Toyota Safety Sense features are available with your vehicle, please contact any OpenRoad Toyota store. To learn more about TSS, please visit https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/car-safety-features for a full breakdown of features.